We are proud to be a certified Music and Memory facility. We can program iPods with an individual’s favorite songs from their era.
Having their favorite music can energize a withdrawn, depressed person, calm anxiety and sleeplessness, distract from pain and repetitive behaviors.
Which Community is Right for You?
Contact us and we will help you decide
Therapeutic Music Brings Joy
- Musical Entertainment – Joy plays guitar, piano and sings for the residents. She makes it a point to learn residents’ favorite songs. On days when she is not here, we book entertainment from the surrounding communities. We have many diverse and talented musicians who come and entertain our residents.
- Sing Along – Using familiar songs, stimulates the memory and cognition.
- Name That Tune – familiar songs insure success, stimulates memory and cognition, and promotes socialization.
- Instrument Playing – Joy has a wide variety of rhythm instruments, drums, bells, simple tonal instruments – making sure complementary notes are given to the residents if it’s a tonal instrument, like bells, so that when they play along with Joy it sounds good – great for socialization and self-esteem building.
- Music Trivia – Joy has a music trivia ball that has questions about music and songs. When a famous musician or singer from their era has a birthday, Joy shows concert clips, gives them fun facts about the person, and plays music from that person.
- Individual Music – Joy encourages every resident she meets who has previously played music, to express their gifts. She will learn songs to accompany their singing, or harmonica playing, or whatever they can do.
My mother, Mary was blessed to celebrate her 100th birthday. I write to commend the Normandy Care Center personnel, and in particular, Terry and Kim from the Activities Office. Thanks to the great organized effort and affordable responses from Terry and Kim, we had a party that far exceeded our fondest expectations. There was not one hitch to the whole affair. Mother had a great time and all who attended spoke highly of the staff and the physical condition of the surroundings. Recently, I filled out a questionnaire from the State of Ohio in regards to nursing homes. In all categories I marked your facility excellent. We thank you all for the care and recognition given to Mary.
The food here has been awesome. It’s all the right serving size for me. Good thing it’s not more, because I’d probably stuff myself just to not let anything go to waste. My compliments to all the cooks!
My sister has dementia. She is well taken care of at the Normandy. I would definitely recommend the Normandy to other people. She seems perfectly happy in her environment and I feel she is safe.
The entire Baker Family want to thank you for all the loving, compassionate, tender care that you gave Dave in the course of his long stay with you. I was an observer on almost a daily basis and I never once saw anyone get angry or upset with any of the patients. You were truly tested minute by minute each and every day. You were my ‘other world’ for over two 2 years and I never felt anything but kindness for me as well as for Dave. You are very special people, doing a very special kind of care!
We had an excellent experience at the Normandy Care Center. We were an involved family and all staff were responsive to us. The staff seemed happy working there and got to know our dad as a person. It is hard to have a loved one in a SNF, but dad’s stay went well. Also, all of our concerns were addressed in a timely manner.
Thanks for the superior and comprehensive care The Normandy Care Center staff provided me. I am stronger and happier because of all of you.