Art and Therapeutic craft activities are tailored to both meet and expand the functioning level of the resident and increase cognitive stimulation.
These activities provide a social group for interaction and can increase self-esteem.
- Art 101 – Study and implementation of concepts
- Masterpiece to music – study of the masters exercises
- Labyrinth/meditation – introspective art exercises
- Musical paint brushes – therapeutic expressive/creative exercises
- Shape Art – exploration of form exercises
- Sculpture – working with clay promotes hand eye coordination, and creative expressive
- Collages – personal introspective and inspirational
- Beading – jewelry making – eye hand coordination – creative expressive
- Watercolor Art – relaxation oriented
- Therapeutic Crafts – purpose oriented as well and fun and useful